Thursday, March 22, 2007

When a good model turns bad...

Ugh, I totally know how it feels to not want to work for other people anymore. I understand that "life being sucked out of you" feeling but what I don't uunderstand is girls that lie or change their appearance and then not tell the producer they have done so. If I book a blonde, then I want her to show up as a blonde...if there has been a "change" in look thenm I want to know (eg. new hair color, new tattoos, etc). It's the same as when a model applies for a job using pictures that are several years old.

When I do model (rarely) for other people now I am actually brutally honest! I say to them; I'm older and bigger than i was years ago. I have scars on my neck from surgery, I have somewhat of a bad attitude at times...oh, and I am going to most likely cost double what you could have got me for years ago! Many girls do this. If they don't want to model anymore they jack up their rates sky high so that people won''t book them, but then if someone does they are being exceptionally well paid for it so then it's okay!

Anyway, had one awful shoot last week. Girl showed up with black hair (although I had heard about this from a friend) and horrendous nose piercing...ugh, and she couldn't take the piercing out. Then the shoot was bad...and she told me she had had a skin condition treated which I then found out the next day was a lie....so I put my other model and crew (and myself) at risk of catching it. It was bandaged though so the risk was minimal but still, it was the lie I have a problem with. If the shoot had have been with me I would have cancelled it, but I had another model there that would need to be paid so we did it, and now I just have to make it look as good as possible in editing.

take care,
Chanta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home