Thursday, December 14, 2006

Happenings on Planet Chanta...

Well, as usual I am very, very busy. I feel as if I am being pulled in so many directions that I am about to explode. It got so bad with the stress last night that I just had to get out of the house. Hubby and I are both home-bodies so we never go out at night but I desperately needed to be in a different environment so we headed to Cafe Trieste for loose leaf tea and cannolli's...2 things that make me very happy!!! Then he let me vent...and vent...and vent. Poor guy, think I talked his ear off LOL, but then, that is part of being married!

Tomorrow I'm off to Toronto for my final teaching trip of the year. I am looking forward to seeing Maxine X and her hubby, I always stay with them and have a great time. Kind of wish they lived here in SF...not sure if it's easy for Canadians to live here or not? Once I get back it's time to apply for a new passport (mine is double size...64 pages, and it's full, it's also almost expired) and then send it off to the various consulates to get my residency stamps put in before I travel again....nothing international until March.

2007 will be a very different year for me than 2006. Less teaching and book signing travel (actually, practically none) and a lot more shooting for my own company which has been renamed: Twisted Factory. We have 1 site live (http://www.chantasbitches.com), 2 more in developement and 2 more good ideas after that to work on. Ideally by the end of 2007 we will have 4 sites live (although 3 is more realistic)....we'll see. We just set up a myspace page too: http://www.myspace.com/twisted_factory so go and become our friend! Oh, so I just noticed I am writing "we" a lot in this paragraph. That is because I now have a business partner. This is great news because it frees me up to do what I want to do (produce content) as well as pumping some $$$ into the company to spend on creating new sites that will kick ass!

take care,
Chanta

1 Comments:

Blogger Ropegeek said...

Chanta, yay on the new business and new blogspace. I'm sort of confused though, since 'Twisted Factory' makes me immediately think of Monk's business (twistedmonk.com) - he's one of the top rope manufacturers in the US, and is enormously supportive of the scene in general. Doesn't using a name so similar to his weaken both businesses?

As a Monk customer and a rigger myself, I was confused right off the bat, but I don't see any indication on either your blog or on the Myspace page that your business is connected with Monks at all.

Can you clarify this a little?

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home