Friday, November 21, 2008

Currency Markets and Hair-Cuts

The one thing I havd always been good at with money, is knowing when and where (Country wise) to move it to take advantage of strong and weak currencies.

Australia's dollar is currently in the toilet...which means I will be taking a good chunk of change back there (tonight) for the next few years until it swaps back again and I'll move it again. Not to mention the fact that in Australia my isaver account (yes a savings account, not even a CD) pays almost 6% interest. I don't believe what we're seeing in the stock markets is going to bottom anytime in the immediate future so i will be more than happy with a nice, safe 6%!

I remember the days of living in the UK and earning GBP's only to be sending them to Oz and getting almost $3 (AUD) per pound...mmm, yes, they were the days!!As for the haircut, well yes, my hair has just been annoying me and giving me headaches and neck-aches, etc so last night, Marty lopped a good 8 inches off of it. It's still long, just not knee length long...more like half ass long LOL!

Okay, I'm off to Australia!

Ciao!

2 Comments:

Blogger ArabianShark said...

6% sounds neat. I was just recentely cheated by my bank regarding a long term deposit, and have a good mind to take my business elsewhere. Australia, you say?

2:22 PM  
Blogger Chanta Rose: Bondage Expert said...

England baby! HSBC UK has accounts offering up to 10%...woohoo!

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home