Friday, October 24, 2008

The Funny Stress and Drama

Last night I received a call from my videographer telling me the new PA had just quit! He only worked for us for 4 days...and befor anyone thinks it was because I was a bitch to him, I only worked with him for one half day on Monday (his first day) and it even takes me more than one day to become a bitch (at least 2).

I asked why and was told that while he was editing on J's machine he read his email and saw an e-mail I had sent forwarding Julie's comments while she was here. I prefaced the comments with my own concerns. In the one day I had him on set he was slow, slow, slow, and while I do not expect a PA to know the difference between a single tail and a flogger on their first day, or even within their first week I do expect that "sense of urgency" that comes with a great PA and I have always had a good eye for who has it and who doesn't. At TF, and Kink, I had some amazing PA's.

So, he quit. And when I found out I laughed my ass off. There was nothing malicious in the e-mail. Just comments like, he needs to move faster and be more alert, and that made him quit which really proves the point that he would not have worked out anyhow. You get some accurate critisism by reading someone elses private e-mail and then you quit. An e-mail between the owner of the company and the person who hired you which you shouldn't even be looking at. Okay.

So, my prop builder, who happens to be the best PA I have ever had is going to fill in next week. Stress and drama averted for another week at TF!!

Take care,
Chanta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home