Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A sprint or a marathon...

Monk of http://www.twistedmonk.com recently made a blog post where he described a day in the life for himself. At the end of the post he wrote he had realized that being in business was like running a marathon as opposed to a sprint which gave me soome great food for thought.

My burnout has really hit a height (or you could say an all time low) and I am realizing that for the past 2+ years I have been sprinting...and I am out of breath. Actually I have been sprinting my entire life but that's a different story. TF has me exhausted in a way I have never felt before. Thankfully I have an amazing staff, and I have scheduled the next couple of months to have many guest directors which will help me a lot but really this is only a "quick fix", it may ease the stress but it will not actually solve the problem. To run this company, to start a 4th and a 5th site, etc I have to remain at a sprint, actually I have to run even faster. I've directed 400 shoots in just over 2 years and I am looking for "more". I am looking to have a life outside of my company, maybe go back to sschool, maybe volunteer at Animal Care and Control, and certainly write more kinky books and at the current pace and workload that isn't possible.

I need to be running a marathon with TF, a nice, controlled, well paced marathon, because if I keep sprinting I may have to stop running altogether.

1 Comments:

Blogger ArabianShark said...

We wouldn't want to see you out of the race (although it's all about running in circles, isn't it? Nobody ever wins, but it's all good sport... for the most part).

Would you be willing to disclose anything about this 4th site you've been mentioning lately? What theme are you going for this time?

Good luck then. Watch out for the occasional sprained ankle (it hurts!).

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home