Sunday, April 23, 2006

LA Trip Cancelled....Vacation Planned!

It's a shame about LA but also a blessing in disguise. I phoned "the cafe" to confirm my shoot for Monday and poor Jimmy is all sick with the flu. I said, so are we shooting? And Jewel said that we were going to play it by ear...well, I don;t need to drive 6 hours there to not shoot, not get paid and then ahve to drive back. They were under the impression I had a lot of other work and it would be no big deal but my trip was basically drive down Sunday, teach a class, shoot Monday, drive back. In short, it was the fee I would earn from the shoot that would make the trip worthwhile...so I phoned the PC to see how many sign ups the class had (usually they get all of them on the day of the class) and sure enough, it was only a couple of people so I explained the situation and cancelled the class. The class had accidently been advertised with the wrong date so I feel that there wouldn't have had very good attendance because of that anyhow...but I did want to make sure I wasn't jeopardising my relationship with the PC in any way, I really love working there.

So, rescheduling with Jimmy for June...am looking forward to it! Now I have some time to get more editing and updates done...and continue to nag Visa on a daily basis. Why did they say it would be 2 business days when I have since found out is is 7-21 business days? Very annoying!

The vacation!!! I am so excited about this! Marty and I haven't been on a vacation since October 2003..yes 2 and a half years. Sure...we've had time off for my surgeries and radiation...even for having my wisdom teeth pulled but no actual fun trip away, this is long overdue. We're heading down to South East Mexico to relax, kayak, explore, shop and of course, see some Mayan Ruins! I have seen most of them but not Tulum which is what I am most excited about. Ruins are my absolute favorite thing in the whole world...bear in mind my favorite country is Peru where the Inca's have their fabulous, breathtaking ruins. I've been to 54 countris and pretty much seen it all...when I am about to go somewhere I haven't been before that is exciting in itself!

Of course, will all of my money poured into the business I can't afford the trip so hubby is being extra generous and paying for me. It's nice he's doing this. We've always been financially very seperate...mainly because I paid for everything for my ex-husband for 4 years but he sees I am trying and working really hard and that I deserve a trip away.

Happy, happy, happy...now I just need visa to approve http://www.chantasbitches.coma nd have lots of people join and I'll be even more happy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chanta Rose: Bondage Expert said...

LOL! I'm phoning them everyday but the fact is Visa can take the full 21 days if they want to...and even then they could say no...so I (and everyone else) just has to continue to be patient!

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home