Friday, March 14, 2008

Biometrics....

I just got back from the USCIS (INS) where I had my fingerprints taken again....you see, I did this 2 years ago and maybe I am wrong but do fingerprints change? I know that when I found out I had to do them again I was very tempted to hack at one of my fingers just to have it be different but that kind of thing may put me on a terrorist list or something...oh, and did I mention, that to have this done again costs $485. For me to have my time wasted giving Immigration something they already have and I get to pay for the pleasure.

On the back of my appointment notice it states very clearly that having this appointment does not give me any rights or grant me status...nice, I pay more tax than 95% of American's but I get to be illegal while I wait for the USCIS to get to my application for a new greencard...the wait is currently 7-9 months. My drivers license expired the same day as the DMV will only grant you ID for your legal stay here....so I guess I'll keep paying tax, keep owning property in the US, keep driving without a US license, keep employing American citizens in my company and of course, keep being happpily married to my US citizen husband while I am actually unable to prove my own legal presence because I am in limbo.

Gggrrrrrr.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Mithras said...

$485?? Holy crap. On the driver's license thing, U.S. states allow people who hold an International Driving Permit to drive legally.

Aside from the cost of the fingerprinting, which is outrageous, doesn't it make sense to check to make sure you are who your ID says you are?

4:48 PM  
Blogger ArabianShark said...

And I thought burreaucracy was bad and senseless here... well, it is, but the US put it to shame.

I don't think cutting through your fingertips would have had any lasting effect on your fingerprints unless you actually cut them off, besides hurting, that is... Sill, better not to tempt fate.

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home