Sunday, May 04, 2008

The weight of the world....

Is on my shoulders, or is that on the base of my skull and neck? Who knows but what I do know is that I am in some intense pain right now. Doctor's appt at 2pm...which I am sure will just end in a vicodin prescription and a neck brace of some kind....massage appt at 4:30pm which may confirm what I think the problem is: I am stressed, and I am carrying that stress in my neck and shoulders. There may also be a practical problem too: my hair is just too long now. I don't want to cut it but it is so heavy....a foot or so would probably really help the tension on my neck and I could still wear my bun (husband loves my bun!).

1 Comments:

Blogger ArabianShark said...

I thought I had it bad with my always aching neck, but nothing ever even close to needing a brace. Best of luck with that. It would be a shame if you were to have to cut your hair, it really is gorgeous.

Just a tip, if I may: are you sure your sleeping pillow is adequate? I know my neck improved by leaps and bounds after I got a rather stiff, but adequately contoured pillow. I have recommended it to some relatives, a few of whom found it too thich, but found similar, more adequate solutions. Also, if you sleep on your side, it's alright to use a thicher pillow or even two pillows stacked, but if you sleep on your back, be mindful that even though you might feel more comfortable with a rather thick pillow, you might wake up in less pain with a thinner one.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home