Thursday, May 25, 2006

Man oh man...

Literally.

I just went to my books page on Amazon to see it's sales rank for the day and guess what, they have now partnered the book with another title for a "better together"...you know, you buy both and save. Well, they have partnered it with "Male Bondage"...a photo book that has "homosexual" screaming from it (guys tied up earing jock straps, etc). Now, please don't misunderstand me. I like men all tied up (come on guys I created meninpain after all) and I have no problem with any sexual preferences people have and the book (Bondage for Sex) is pansexual but lets talk business here:

My book has images that 90% of women tied up.
My target audience is straight couples, curious singles, bisexual and lesbian women. All of the positions will work for a guy on guy couple but you know, the pics are of girls, I am a girl, etc...I doubt gay males will buy my book...and I didn;t have them in mind when I wrote it.
Amazon is great for selling to people in places where there are no kink stores...like the mid-west, etc. Lets say some straight guy wants to tie his wife up, finds my book on amazon...perfect. That's why I wrote it and that is why it is on Amazon but then he sees the image of a man bound, he may even click on the page and see it linked to tonnes of gay erotica like"Real Men", etc...you think he's going to buy my book...um no, he isn't. He's probably repulsed by the image of a tied up man wearing a jock strap with a semi hard on....thank you Amazon for being ignorant.

So now I have e-mailed them as best I can to not sound as if I have a problem with homosexuality but to try and explain the problem here and to suggest some better match ups (like SM 101, etc). God, I hope they change it...I want my book to sell and help couples be kinky and explore bondage, etc...not bring out their homophobic feelings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home