Sunday, September 03, 2006

Culture Shock.

Wow, I totally forget (or perhaps don't realise at all) how different the rest of America is compared to California and in particular, San Francisco.

I'm in CT attending a wedding (a heavy, religious affair...which was strange, never been to a wedding like that before, made me very happy I got married in 5 minutes at City Hall) and visitng friends and family of Hubby's...and things are different out here than in CA let me tell you.

I was chatting with someone about books we've read and I mentioned the Da Vinci Code (thinking nothing of it) and they then started telling me how anyone who believed what was in the book was stupid, etc. It never crossed my mind that I would be hitting a religious nerve...because the Bible is apparently true. I personally love both books, the bible is a great read, but is it fiction? Well, I'll stop this entry here before I upset any readers with my thoughts.

1 Comments:

Blogger ArabianShark said...

Ah, yes, swampy grounds the likes one hardly ever sees... And a topic for a discussion that could go (and, in fact, has gone)on forever.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home