Friday, July 13, 2007

5 Years and Counting!

Yesterday was my 5 year anniversary with Marty. Our relationship has been through so many upsa and downs, most of which wer3e beyond our control that we actually have 4 anniversary's (the 1st wedding, the engagement, the second wedding and the first time we fucked) but this is the one we celebrate, and if you're wondering, this is the fucking one! It seems fitting that it;s the one we choose to celebrate seeing as from that first night on we have been pretty inseperable...and it's been 5 YEARS...WOW! That is huge to me, I have never been with any one person for this long, and the even more amazing part is that I still love him. I always thought that couples were just tolerating each other after a long time (well that is true too I suppose).

So, we both took the day off work and had a nice day together. We got up and drove down to Half Moon Bay in the mini (oh, Marty got a new car last month, a very cool mini cooper sport) and had breakfast at the 3 zero cafe. This place is at the Half Moon Bay airfield and does not look like much but the breakfasts are awesome. I had the fruit parfait, and the pilots plate which is delicious (scrambled eggs with mushrooms, garlic, sausage and artichoke hearts).

Then we continued our roadtrip down to Santa Cruz to the Boardwalk amusement park. The sun was out and we had a really good time. Marty asked me if all of the screaming kids running around was acting as birth control LOL, I told him no it wasn't, but that the cat we're minding at a house right now certainly was. After 5 years he knows I am getting a bit like "so, are we having kids or not, and if so, when?". The fact is, the thing that keeps me not pregnant is my deep rooted fear of pregnancy. I want the kids, I just don't want to be pregnant to have them.

So, at the Boardwalk we went on plenty of rides, and playes tonnes of skee bal...I love skee ball, it is my favorite thing to do at an arcade. After winning lots of tickets I find a chold and give them to them so they get themselves a better prize.

We took the scenic drive home up the 1 and then chilled out here for a while before going to a nice little Italian restaurant in Hayes Valley. It's opposite Absinthe which is where we had our first date and Marty has been wanting to take me there for 5 years but it's a family run place that always seems to be closed, but it was open so we went and it was awesome...I LOVE a good caprese and for $7 the mozzarella was much better than I expected. Lasagna was pretty great too!

So, that was my day! Let's see if we can do another 5 years!

1 Comments:

Blogger fraze said...

Chanta -- Please let me know if you and Marty would like to fly to Half Moon Bay for breakfast at the 3-zero cafe. I have 260 hours flying time and part ownership in a plane. When there is no fog, its a wonderful trip.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home