Thursday, June 05, 2008

Ugh!

I am so over being in front of the camera. I shot with Adrianna Nicole yesterday who I have known for years and is one of my all time favorite girls to work with (not to mention also one of my closest friends) and I just could not gte motivated. As soon as I start applying the make up to my face I feel as if the life is being sucked out of me. Usually I can pull it together and still do a great shoot but yesterday, I really wasted a great girl....did some cool breast bondage though. I really need to prepare myself to shoot these days...I am a far cry from the 25 year old that used to sit at my desk at the glob topless while I edited LOL.

There's a lot of pressure on me right now. Everyone wants to be a webmaster...and if they feel they can't/won't/don't want to get a job you know where then they come to us at TF. In a way it's great because we get brought new site ideas, we meet some talented people, etc but in other ways it is a lot of work for me. Hiring a webmaster is not just "here you go, run this site", it's also making sure you have enough crew, you have ways of shooting multiple sites at the same time...and you have the funds to have all of this happen.

The biggest decision of all is if we will allow a webmaster or director to work remotely. We have been chatting with a great rigger in Germany for some time now who would like to create a site for us. I love that this would mean an untapped model pool, and different shooting locations to our existing studio but it also worries me greatly. How would we quality control? Would he have editors, etc out there or would the media come here for editing/encoding? Would we give him a set amount of $$$ to spend on shoots (including his fee) or would we put him on salary and give him a company credit card. I could go on and on....

2 Comments:

Blogger ArabianShark said...

Much as I advocate the notion of remote work, I feel it needs to be taken in a very specific context. It's very different for, say, a programmer who can spend a few days in his underware in front of his PC at home writing his code and submit it to his company at the end of every day or allowing someone half a world away to take charge of something as big as entire shoots, especially since the responsability of said shoots will, ultimately, fall upon you. I'm not saying that it cant or even that it shouldn't be done, but I'd be sure to have someone who I trust greatly and who shares my vision of quality control, among other things, present on site at all times. "On site" being across a whole ocean, I can't imagine it being easy.

Good luck.

10:09 AM  
Blogger germangirl said...

I do not know if this comment will be helpful, but I am from Germany and I think I might know which rigger you are talking about.
I imagine that quality control is not easy, espacially because I think you really want to keep up a certain style.
But on the other hand you can also benefit much from the new faces and locations.
If you are really talking about the rigger I have in mind, then I can say, go for it because he really does great work.
I once saw him life rigging and I really was fascinated by his precision and style.

What I really like to say that I would love you to give it a try because I can tell that sometimes it is not easy for some people I know, who are into kink, to enjoy american sites because they cannot relate to people/ girls shown.
I think this is mostly because there seems to be a certain look preferred in America that is not so popular over here...

Thank you for reading and I apologize for any mistakes I might have made ;)

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home