Monday, July 07, 2008

Fried Hitachi!

I have been away for a couple of weeks now and rarely, when on vacation do I manage to write any journal entries, but his funny story is worth a posting!

So...I land in Rome and collect my luggage. I am well resed because Unied upgraded me to business class...woohoo! Marty's flight came in just 10 minutes later and we meet in baggage claim after not having seen each other for 11 days (he was shooing in Budapest).

After making our way to the hotel we both want to take a nap and have sex. Too tired for foreplay, out comes the magic wand. I always travel with voltage converters but the fact is, many items (laptops, phone charges, etc) are now able to be used worlwide with only an adapter for the kind of plug. Before leaving SF I had been unable to find my voltage converters so I came without them...but then Marty plugs in the magic wand...without checking if i can be used at 220 (US is 110) and it sarts vibrating super powerfully in his hand, for all of 3 seconds before it shuts off and the lights go out...not just in out room but on he entire floor of the hotel!!! LOL! A few minutes later, after hearing a couple of men run up he stairs, shouting at each oher in Italian the power to level 3 was restored!

The wand itself was completely fried so I threw it into the trash.

2 Comments:

Blogger ArabianShark said...

Do you think Hitachi will ever use that as a publicity hook?

"Powerful enough to take down an Italian Hotel power grid!"

I'd buy it...

9:05 AM  
Blogger KinkyDJ said...

oh wow!
i'm a fan of glass and steel myself... but now i'll never doubt the power of a Hitachi ;)

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home