Saturday, September 09, 2006

Flying to NYC on 9/11...

I must be crazy, especially considering I think the TSA are so incompetent they couldn't find a fuck in a brothel...why do I say this? Because when I flew to Tampa for FetishCon it was the first day of the "no fluids" on board rule...thus, I had to toss my nail polish and perfume but what I didn't know until I got to the other end was that I had a box cutter in my make up case (which I did have as hand luggage) and yes, it made it on to the plane, it also made it on to my return flights...wasn't it box cutters that were used on 09/11/2001 to hijack the planes? Well, at least I know I can take it on as self defence now, although this discovery was made purely by chance. It wasn;t until I was back in SF cleaning out my make up case that I found it in there and realised I had managed to have it on the plane as hand luggage for a total of 4 flights.

The fact is, I don't want to fly to NYC a day early (Sunday), I have far too much to do here and I don't know if where I am staying has wi-fi...and I can't do my work without an internet connection....so I am flying to JFK on 9/11, and then heading up to CT for the night before driving to Boston for a quick shoot and then my class at Good Vibes.

I really put off buying this ticket. I mean, I am travelling in less than 48 hours and still hadn't purchased the flight. In the end I decided to use my frequent flyer miles for this one as I could not justify the $800-$1200 it was going to cost to buy the ticket last minute...yes, I am sure if I was willing to do a tonne of stopovers and fly any airline I could have found a last minute but I am monogamous to UA...and I refure to do layovers LOL!

Okay, I have to go pack...now, do I put my box cutters make in my make up case or not????

take care,
Chanta

1 Comments:

Blogger ArabianShark said...

I like British Airways for that same reason... They once confiscated a rather blunt aluminium shark tooth shaped keychain ornament from me (and never sent it back, come to think of it... bastards!) on account of being to similar to an arrow head, and they always go through all of my hand luggage. I should be grateful they don't do a strip search on me before they let me on board. I say take the box cutters. If nothing else, for more laughs

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home