Friday, August 08, 2008

HD and Me? I don't think so!

For the past week or so, we have been running tests with a HD camera over at the Factory and it looks like we have found the one we like...so this means, yes, http://www.twistedfactory.com is moving with the times adn upgrading to HD. I'll be blunt, what this means for me is a huge clusterfuck. Longer export times, longer encoding times, way longer upload times, etc. Gone are the days of being able to throw together an update the day before it's supposed to go live. This is pretty intimidating because I run 3 sites, and, as a rule that means 1 site, every week cuts it close to the update not being ready on time (but we've never missed one yet, and we've never been late). So why is 1 site the main stresser each week? Simple, for 1 person to run 3 siites is ridiculous, the workload is simply too much and with HD, it's not that the workload will increase, it's just that some things will take longer.

The other big change will be on http://www.chantasbitches.com where you will NOT be seeing me in HD. No, no, no way. I turned 30, and gained 30 lbs. I am close to being one of those girls that everyone is like "wow, is she still doing this, she's getting kind of old, fat, ugly, etc, etc". The difference is, those girls are still performing because they NEED to. That is, they have no money. Think of everyone you know and think of how many of them could have afforded to live well, completely unpaid for 3 years? People that can do that (as I did) have made some sensible decisions financially in their lives. Decisions I made when I was 19 and 20 were a total life saver at 27 when I lost my job, was illegal and had cancer, those same decisions still help me now at 30 when I pay myself a modest salary....but I could easily go another 3 years or more completely unpaid if I had to...without liquidating assets.

So, when you're in a situation like mine, generally you want to leave the "in front of the camera" part of the job behind when you're young and fresh and thin and beautiful. I could have pulled that off around 28, maybe 29. I'm a little behind at 30 but hey, I wanted to get a nice backlog of shoots (in standard definition!) to spread out on CB for the next year or so. Some members will miss me, some will not, I have trained some great Domina's to take my place so the bitches will continue to be slapped around and strapon fucked hard as they should be LOL!

And you never know, I need my fix of slapping bitches from time to time, so I may make some POV apprearances, the kind where you do not see my face body, and I don't have to keep wasting money and time on doing my make up, having my nails done and my hair highlighted.

Take care,
Chanta

5 Comments:

Blogger Adrian Hardhand said...

Hello Chanta

I'm curious. Which HD camcorder did you settle on? I'm also thinking of taking the plunge, so your input would be helpful.

And *when* are you coming to Maui?

Yrs in pervery, Adrian

10:50 PM  
Blogger ArabianShark said...

In my (limited) experience with HD, it tends to make things (and people) look better. I am yet to see HD making something (or someone) look worse (or, in this case, less good), but Chanta knows best.

I can't say reading that you plan on stop showing on camera comes as a surprise, as we've been seeing less and less of you in recent updates, and I wouldn't presume of telling you what to do, but if I may say this much, you're nowhere near the point of anyone asking "Why is she still doing this?". So, what I'm trying to say is just make sure you're making a decision for the right reasons.

10:00 AM  
Blogger ArabianShark said...

Forgot to say this: Even though your "trainees" have gotten proficient at rigging, and you can't be expected to tie every single rig for all of the sites (even though you can do it), please don't stop rigging as you decide to stop showing on the videos. We just love your ropework almost as much as your style of erotic dominance.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Chanta Rose: Bondage Expert said...

I'll still be rigging and directing, and plan on doing that for many, many years to come...it will just be in a behind the scenes kind of way.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Chanta,

I can't believe what you are saying. I saw you in London and you look pretty good to me. OK I wasn't on the front row, but I got to talk to you up close and I think you look great.

Kevin

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home