Thursday, July 13, 2006

Lethargic...

I have been so tired and hungry for the past few days. Literally, I am always hungry and my body just wants to lay down all the time. I am not getting anywhere near enough work done as I should be...thankfully I have a lot already done so having a few "slow" days is okay. I wonder if my medication is off? This is the way i usually feel when I am weened off of my thyroid meds...except that I have been taking them so why is my body playing tricks on me?

It's around that time anyway. I will start to ween off of the leverthroid in the next couple of weeks in preparation for my body scan...basically I stop the leverthroid and start taking cytomel for 2-3 weeks and then nothing at all for 2 weeks and then I swallow a small "tracer"" dose of radiocative iodine and come back 2 days later and scan to see where the iodine has gone....big white spots are bad. They mean a tumor or cancerous lymph node(s)...a single whit stripe from my mouth down to my abdomen is good, it just shows that the radiation has passed through my system and not "latched on" anywhere there may be cancer. That is what I expect to see and then I will be left along (well not from blood tests but from scans) for another year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home