Saturday, August 04, 2007

There are 2 kinds of people in the world.

1. The fighters. When bad things happen to them they just keep on plugging. It's not that they do not know depression, or bad news or sometimes even want to quit but there is a drive deep down inside them to keep going, to try harder, etc. The bad things may even make them more determined in whatever it is they are struggling with (a job, a relationship, a lawsuit, etc). I am not saying these people do not know when to walk awawy but I am saying they know when to keep going.

2. The quitters. These are the people that when confronted with something bad decide just to feel sorry for themselves and give up. As if that were not pathetic enough, they then decide to blame others for it. Now, in some cases blaming others may be accurate...but not always, and even if this is the case is it reason enough to be a quitter? They are also dramatic. They will take something that isn't even in the equation and throw it in the mix. Just so they can have more reasons to feel sorry for themselves, and of course be able to justify their "quitter" nature to themselves.

If you haven't already guessed I am in group 1. I am a fighter. Even at the height of my manic depression when I wanted to slit my wrists daily I still managed to open an online store, write one of the best selling bondage books in the world and start a website. Trust me, I did not want to get out of bed any day during that time (and some days I wouldn't) but for some unknown reason (it certainly was not a will to live) I kept going, and I still keep going, and fighting, and pushing further and trying harder. For the most part general bad news, rumors from the enemy and other crap that goes on daily just makes me more determined. Although life would be easier without it!

Take care,
Chanta

2 Comments:

Blogger ArabianShark said...

I believe I speak for every other regular reader of this blog when I say we all had more than just a very strong suspicion you were in the 1st group. Is something the matter or were you just "looking back"?

6:26 AM  
Blogger Chanta Rose: Bondage Expert said...

Someone I really believed was a fighter actually showed me he was a quitter and I was disappointed by this. When I see someone give up on their dreams because of a minor hurdle (and I say this as someone that has encountered major hurdles) I lose respect for them.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home