Sunday, December 23, 2007

Xmas tensions run high...

Just got home from doing some last minute shopping downtowna and from almost getting in a fist fight at Walgreens. Marty and I were waiting in line to pay for some wrapping paper and this woman in front of him starts saying to him "can't you control yourself?"...it was weird, she seemed to just be a chatty, crazxy person or something, perhpas even flirting but then she started to make comments about him losing his happiness and making racuial comments about black people. At first I was just standing back because I thought, okay, here is this eastern eurpoean chick who is a little screwed up on something but once she started commenting the "brown's" (ie. African American's) things started to get tense. There was 2 teenage girls next to me of African American descent and they're looking at me like "did she just say that?". Then she stepped things up, she started saying things like "I know you want to hit me but you can't because of the cameras, I'm a genius, etc" and I stepped in, this bitch was now pissing me off and her racial comments and comments that I took at directed at America were offensive. I am not American but I choose to live here and pay taxes here. There are many things I loathe about this country but never in my right mind would I start some crazy, provoking rant about to a stranger in a busy walgreens because some xmas paper accidently touched my back. I am a guest here, and with that comes tolerating certain things i do not agree with/like and accepting that until I am a citizen I will not be able to do anything to help change them (ie. vote). Anyway, now I am up in this bitch's face, telling her if she does not like America or American's she should leave...and that i am going to punch her face in. It was funny to see how quickly she toned down her talk...but damn, as she left the store it took everything in me not to grab her ponytail and drag her down the street. My blood is still boiling. It was just one of those freak Xmas situations with a crazy person...a crazy person who needed a good fucking slap, but nevertheless a crazy person.

Wow, I am now really missing the chilled atmosphere of Kaua'i.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darwin said...

Chanta: Thanks for standing up for the U.S. and for your kind words. Native-born Americans often take their country and its freedoms for granted, such that they often need to hear the perspective of those who have chosen to live here. After all, where but the U.S. could one little immigrant girl with long hair come here with only the clothes on her back and a pair of high heels, and soon find herself in control of an entire factory, full of helpless men and women to tie and torment, all for the pleasure of others?

PS: I know I speak for many of my fellow Americans when I say that we will also stand up for Australia, our closest ally in spirit and the home of two of our most valued imports (sun-proof swim shirts and Chanta Rose).

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home