Saturday, February 28, 2009

Must be more careful....

I am a little bit pissed at myself right now. Anyone who knows me knows I hold myself to impossible high standards in almost all of what I do.

I just got back my Sociology Exam and I got 3 questions wrong in the multiple choice section. Still an A=93% but I am so, so pissed at myself. I was expecting 1 wrong, thus 98% as there was one question that I flat out did not know the answer but the other two were both things I knew, both things where I did not read the wording of the question properly and therefore both silly errors that I should not have made.

Yes, yes, an A is an A. Well that's one way to look at it, but at the end of semester when the totals for all of the exams are added up that 7% on this exam that I fucked up could make a difference between an A and an A-....and I don't think I would cope well with that. I signed up to do an extra assignment worth 2% extra credit to help take the edge off my fuck up and put me back in the high A range.

One thing I was happy with though was that I received a perfect score on the essay section.

I always thought I would prefer multiple choice to essay question style exams but I had the same thing happen last week in philosophy. We had a really confusingly worded essay exam with 4 arguments that needed to be analyzed...and not analyzed for their truth but for their structure (basically it's math). I was sure I had tanked it but I got a perfect score! Woohoo!

I suppose I am better at esssays than mutltiple choice. Essays make you take the time to think and collect your thoughts before putting pen to paper. Multiple choice seems to be more of "process of elimination" where one must be careful not to fall prey to trick wording.

Fingers crossed for my Nutrition results which I'll have on Monday. Have to say I am very worried about that one as I know of 2 fuckups I made...so there could be more I don't know about yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home