Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Disrespect.

I had a "model" flake on me today for a Chanta's Bitches shoot. No call, no e-mail, no nothing...it was my first no-show since I started shooting. No-show's happen, model's can be flakes but this really sucked. I was shooting at a great location (which was expensive) and had crew there, etc and then the girl doesn't show. She confirmed 3 days ago and then nothing...so where does this leave me? Out of $$$$. Yes, the videographer was a on a day rate, so was the location. For 1 shoot I would have negotiated a half day rate but as there was supposed to be 2 I had everything booked for an entire day. This cost me $$$. The annoying thing is, I left her a message this morning just to confirm again and said in my v-mail to her that if she couldn;t make it to please let me know (I wouldn;t be mad, etc) so that I wouldn;t lose $$$. It would have given me time to find a replacement model...even shooting a model I have shot before would have been fine but sitting around and paying for my crew's lunch because we should have been shooting 2 scenes is just annoying...more annoying is the fact that I think we did the best light set up for the shoot and then we don't get to shoot at all. I even took all the steps to ensure this girl would not flake by making her come to a casting (she didn;t have any pics) and confirming a few days before, etc. I'm pissed. She said she was so happy to be working with a female director, etc AND I had 3 other shoots lined up for her with other producers so now she has lost all of those too and they will know she is a flake...it's just so short sighted of her (and models in general)...just a quick phonecall, that's all it would have taken but no, some people don't even have that amount of courtesy.

Ugh, I'm pissed off.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chanta Rose: Bondage Expert said...

I know...it's just that flakes cost innocent people money. I always understood that as a model which is why I was reliable or if I was genuinley ill I would call so they could find a replacement and not be left out of pocket. If someone wants to flake...then fine, but have the decency to call.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home