Thursday, February 09, 2006

This flu officially sucks!

I have so much to do...and I can't do any of it...it hurts to look at the screen of my mac. I'm so sensitive to everything; light, heat, noise of any kind, and yes, I am impatient. I want to be better now. I had to cancel and reschedule so much and now it looks as if things I have rescheduled may have to be koved again because I don't know if I'll be better by Saturday (at this monet that seems unlikely). For the first time ecver I will day that nyquil and dayquil SUCK! Usually I swear by them but nyquil has not been putting me to sleep and dayquil has not made me feel any better. All they have done is dry me out. I have now switched to sudafed because I "think" I have sinus pain? I've never had it before; pressure around the eyes and nose, a headache,, pain in my ears, etc....that has to be a sinus thing right? What sxcares me the most is the shooting pain I get when I swallow, it is from my left ear down to my throat/glands...why does that scare me? Because it was the same pain I felt almost 3 years ago and when I grabbed my neck there was a lump the size of a golfball sticking out of it...that pain was how I found the cancer. Of course, this isn't cancer but I feel that pain is very similar to smell in the way it reminds you of things.

Okay, enough pathetic complaining, I'm going back to bed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Semega said...

Try Comtrex, I find it works better and deals with more symptoms than Sudafed. Also for sore throats I swear by microwaved ginger ale, nice and hot and sticky it tinds to sooth the throat. I was sorry to miss the Bondage class on Monday, being able to just recently convince my wife to play, but I'm really glad we weren't exposed to your flu!

12:14 PM  
Blogger ArabianShark said...

I too have had less than stellar effects with sudafed, but I've heard wonders about it from other people. I hope it works for you.
Don't worry too much about that pain in your throat; you know it's only normal for one's throat to hurt when you have the flu. Honey on warm toast works for me in the sore throat department.
Get well soon!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Chanta Rose: Bondage Expert said...

LOL Suze, I just told my Mom last night on the phone that my ear hurts and she was very stern about me going to the doctor...so I did and yes, my ear is now infected.

People are funny aren't they? If we hear are car start spluttering, or if our computer gets a virus we're all very quick to seek professional advice but when it comes to our bodies we assume that we will self-heal and don't want to waste a doctor's time. It's always my Mum or Mother-in-law that has to put their feet down with me...and sure enough, I am now on antibiotics.

Semega, I tried the hot ginger ale and although it was delicious it was far too sweet for me LOL! I'm sweet enough baby!

Thanks everyone for your kind words and advice.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Chanta Rose: Bondage Expert said...

LOL MikeyMike, trust me...it was super weird for both of us also! Soon Muki will update with the tables turned which felt much more natural to all concerned!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home