Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Deadlines...

So busy. I plan such an ambitious schedule for myself at times...okay, all of the time. I don't mind so much when I see a light at the end of the tunnel. The light this time was supposed to be a vacation with hubby. We are really trying to break the "live to work" culture that is so deeply rooted within us both but I guess that culture has won out yet again and I don't think we're going anywhere (was supposed to be second week of September, possibly Brazil). This is not just because we're workaholics though, it is also because we are currently having our house (an 1894 victorian) brought up to code (lots of plumbing and electrical work) and it is costing a fucking fortune. I can't help but feel fucked in the ass when the contractor keeps coming up with new work order requests that we apparently *need* but were not in the original quote, eg, new breaker box: $6900. Um, how could you not have noticed our crappy old breaker box when you first came and did your walk throughs to give a quote, etc?

Still haven't done our 2006 taxes either...very bad of me. I was so determined not to leave it until the last minute of the extension this year because we are due a substantial refund and basically the longer I take to file taxes, the longer the IRS gets to earn interest off of our money and we don't...but getting Captive Male ready for launch means I probably won;t have thjis done until mid-september...oh well, that's one month before deadline.

Ciao for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home