Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ugh, I'm mad.

In the past couple of days I have heard from 2 models that would not do waterbondage (tank scenes) again due to carelessness. Now, I should not care, if anything I should be laughing my ass off just a little bit but I do care, and it does make my blood boil. I may not work there now, I may even think the website has been slaughtered since my departure but I am proud of what I did there. The bondage, the tanks, etc, and to hear this just makes me mad. It is not that hard to be safe on this set...actually it is even more of a necesity than on any normal bondage set where a director/rigger/crew, etc should be at 110% attention at all times. So when I hear that a tank scene gets started before a safe signal has been discussed, or that even after it is discussed that it doesn't get noticed when used, that the model is forgotten about, even for just a few seconds (which I am sure is all it was) I feel it...but then that was always one of my problems in that company, was that i would "feel" things and then react to them....but why even more madness? I'm on the phone with an agent confirming a model who does quite a bit of BDSM and she's a little stressed about the shoots...for a number of reasons but one is because she was apparently dropped on her head in a tank (third person heresay...I'll find out the full story next week first hand) on her WB shoot. Great, fucking great.

1 Comments:

Blogger ArabianShark said...

I understand you, I really do. I've had quite the few projects I've started on my own snatched from me and maimed due to carelessness, laziness and other forms of plain incompetence, and WB really was, IMO, one of your greatest works. It was pretty original, and it did reach me deeply, as I've always found immersion in water quite appealing in more ways than one. I even used to feel funny as a kid whenever I went to a pool and started having naughty thoughts for some reason.

Seeing WB taken over by disrespect of rules I can tell from reading your book you're so adamant (and righly so) about must really be awful. But do forgive me for saying that "dropped on her head in a tank", awful though it surely must have been, does sound at least a bit funny, in a sense that it's so presposterous you wouldn't expect it to actually happen outside of a Wayans Brothers comedy movie.

I'd advise to just let go... It's sad, but you can find solace in that you really did all you could to prevent it, and it didn't happen at all in your watch. Well done!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home